Dear friends,This mailing list I subscribe to is pretty good. Some of you may already know it.With metta,Mitch———- Forwarded message ———
From: Stillness Speaks <email@example.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 at 16:22
Subject: Living Mindfully with Zen
WELCOME INTRODUCTORY EMAIL WEEK 2 OF 6
Next in your journey, we will explore Zen & Buddhism.
May these illuminations continue to deepen your wisdom!
President/Co-Founder Stillness Speaks
Living Mindfully with Zen
“Zen is a practice of meditation and action designed to free us to live compassionate, healthy and energized lives.”
– Mountain Cloud Zen Center
A. What is Zen & Buddhism?
- Henry Shukman & Jeremy Irons on Zen & Well Being (also see VIDEO below)
- What is the Purpose of Buddhist Practice? (7 Questions to 7 Teachers: Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche, Jack Kornfield, Roshi Joan Halifax, Ringu Tulku Rinpoche, Rob Nairn, Stephen Batchelor, Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo)
- Zen: What are Soto, Rinzai, & Sanbokyodan Schools?
B. Mindfulness Based Living
- Shinzen Young: Change Your Life with Mindful Awareness
- Peter Russell: Waiting: The Simplest Meditation
- Book: Thich Nhat Hanh Peace is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life
C. Zen & Science
VIDEO: Henry Shukman in A Conversation about Zen & Awakening
An in-depth conversation with Henry on: What is Zen? Buddha’s Awakening including what does awakened mean? What causes suffering? Is Zen a religion?, What is Zanbo Zen? What is (and why do we) practice? What are Emptiness, Koan, Kensho? How do we meet personal or social crisis from a Zen perspective?… and more. To watch, click here OR on the image below.
Was this email helpful? If you appreciate this free resource, please support our efforts to continue spreading wisdom and teachings far and wide by becoming a supporting member of this community.
DONATE TO STILLNESS SPEAKS
Copyright © 2020 Atma Vicara – StillnessSpeaks, All rights reserved.
Text may be shared according to Creative Commons CC By-SA
You subscribed to this newsletter from www.stillnessspeaks.com.
Our mailing address is:Atma Vicara – StillnessSpeaks